Mission and Values
‘Jesus is always my friend’
‘Through working together, loving each other, and always doing our best, at St Marie’s we will all become the amazing, unique individuals God wants us to be.’
As a Catholic School we aim…
- to build a community based on Gospel values: love for God, love for one another, and respect for oneself, others and all of creation;
- to place Jesus Christ at the centre of our school life, in our relationships with each other, in our work and play, in all that we try to do.
- to provide the children who attend St Marie’s School with an education that will fulfil their spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs;
- to help our children to strive for the highest academic standards.
- to encourage our children to think for themselves, to have confidence and to make informed choices.
- to embed in each child a love of learning that will last a lifetime; to experience excitement in discovery and wonder in the world that God has created;
- to help each child acquire knowledge, understanding and skills from a range of curriculum experiences
- to encourage children to respect and tolerate each other, to realise that everyone is equal and must be treated with dignity;
- to help children to appreciate their achievements and efforts, and those of others, through giving and receiving praise and recognition;
- to help our children develop a concern for others, particularly those less fortunate and needy.